Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Car for Awana's


I love the fact that Noah is getting to go to Awana's!  Even before I had kids I knew that I wanted them to be a part of this program.  I love the fact that children as young as Noah are learning scripture every week and tested on it.  Even if he forgets the exact words of every verse, I know that the truths of the bible will be written on his heart . . . Thank you, Jesus!  Anyway . . . even though I really like Awana's, I was not so happy to learn that we had one short week to make a box into a car.  Really?  With all the other stuff I have going on?  So finally (the night before it has to be done), Noah and his "almost cousins" (that's what he calls Bryce and Liv because he says "we're so close that they are like my cousins"!) got together and made some boxes.  They turned out better than we hoped -- they actually resemble what a car might look like!  But you notice who was finishing the project.  The kids were bored halfway through and thought it would be more fun to ride scooters . . . the fun of being 5!

1 comment:

Heather Fretz said...

thanks for the spray paint! it made all the difference. That's cute that he calls us his "almost cousins"!