Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"I'm not a peanut, I'm a PRINCESS!"


Let me be honest with you... I used to see the really "girlie girls" around and think that I would die if I had a daughter who was super feminine. Then I got two boys and we were filled with snips and snails and puppy dog tails and the thoughts of little girls were always far away. And then we had Selah. I have been so shocked to realize what a girlie girl she is turning into! She love anything pink! She has opinions on what "pretty" thing to wear out of her closet. She wants her hair done and her toenails painted and her lips touched with gloss. She wants everything princess! Dolls are her favorite companion -- especially her new princess barbie dolls. You get the picture -- I got a "girlie girl"!

The other day Brian was asking her if she was his peanut (one of his favorite nicknames for her). She said, "no peanut Daddy, I princess!". I used to not like it that B called her a princess. I worried that she would grow up spoiled or thinking that everyone should be expected to treat her like a princess. Then Jesus spoke to my heart about my only daughter. He told me that Selah is a princess. She is a daughter of the King and I need to remember that. This princess nickname has come to represent to me the promise of our dear Lord and Savior... his love for Selah far exceeds any kind of love we could ever give her. He has given her the gift of salvation that I pray one day she will accept. Now my prayer for Selah is that she will remember she is a princess of our King and act like one. I pray she will have a deep love and respect for the Lord and live in the love that only he can give her. Isn't Jesus great for those revelations He gives us? I love thinking about Him my little girl, Princess Selah!

No comments: